The George Washington University provides students with online consent opportunities within the GWeb Information System to:
-Receive your 1098T electronically – no more waiting on paper tax forms!
-Allow GW to contact you via your cell phone for business purposes
-Select the appropriate option(s) related to your Title IV authorizations (see our Title IV FAQ's for more information)
- Title IV funds are to be applied to authorized charges such as tuition, fees, and room and board as assessed by the University. Title IV funds include: Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Federal Perkins Loans, Federal Work-Study, Federal Direct Stafford Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loans and TEACH Grants.
- Federal regulations require that Title IV funds awarded in excess of authorized charges must be refunded no later than 14 days after the funds are credited to the student’s account. In lieu of an automatic refund, federal regulations allow for students or parents to voluntarily authorize the University to handle Title IV credit balances in a variety of ways.
These elections are completely voluntary, are not a condition of admission or attendance, and will remain in effect unless or until updated by the student. The elections may be changed at any time online via GWEB. Changes in your elections will not be retroactive.
To submit your elections for each of these new options, please take the following steps:
1. Login to the GWeb Information System
2. Select the ‘Student Records and Registration’ menu
3. Select ‘Student Accounts’
4. Select ‘Student Authorization’
5. On the new screen, scroll down to 'Other' and click 'Take a Survey'
Please review each item carefully before you select your responses. You do not need to click the ‘Submit Survey’ button to submit your responses, only navigate to the next question. If you click the ‘Submit Survey’ button you will not be able to make additional changes via GWeb until the following day, but you can still change your authorizations by sending an email to [email protected]. You can also find our step by step Voluntary Student Authorization instructions here.
Title IV Authorization Forms
These forms may be used if you do not have access to the online authorizations in GWEB. Please review these forms thoroughly and carefully prior to electing or rescinding the authorizations herein. Each authorization has a unique purpose and will affect how The George Washington University will apply or hold Title IV credit balances.